Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The article does not include any personal or institutional identification.
- The manuscript follows the template available in the Author Guidelines (below this section).
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point Garamond font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The manuscript will strictly follow the MLA Formatting and Style Guide for citations and references.
- Both Portuguese and English are the languages of publication.
- Article submissions should be no more than 25 double pages in length (without references).
- Review submissions should be at least 750 words but no more than 1,000 words in length.
All authors must be members of the American Organization of Teachers of Portuguese at the moment of publication. The membership fee is $40 annually.
- The authors must be graduate students or professionals with a degree (masters, or Ph.D.).
- In the metadata, all authors must submit abstracts in Portuguese and English.
- An ORCID ID is required for all authors.
- All submissions adjusted to the journal template file: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fv1A1kAYpjBYinBF4OwxERfgbB00tA7W/edit?usp=share_link&ouid=101647433850628102671&rtpof=true&sd=true
Section default policy
The Portuguese Language Journal is an open-access journal following the BOAI definitions of open access. Users are permitted to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to its articles' full texts and use them for any other lawful purpose. All the articles published in this journal are free to access immediately from the publication date.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.